Utilities, though minor with respect to main production, yet are essential factor in any main industrial setup. Electrical power supply would need generation, transmission, distribution to the production unit. It will need to ensure relatively reliable service in quality and quantity. In certain production process uninterrupted power supply is important.
Water of right quality & temperature and its disposal in sewerage system after use or recycling would be important to keep down quantity utilization and the cost.
Special gases and steam distribution in an insulated pipeline is essential in some industries, hospitals, cooled air or hot air as required. This again is distribution by separate pipe lines to the precise paint of utilization.
Services provided by utilities industry are for common use of many clients, where individual units are uneconomical and as such not favored. These combined units would be almost monopolies which would be well controlled and regulated. It will generally not be desirable to have several competing units for the same service. A combines system for a particular item serving a number of consumers would be cost effective and more reliable and flexible in providing the desired service.
International Manpower Resources have been able to recruit special skilled manpower for different skills involved suitable manpower for their needs.
- Professional and related occupations
- Computer specialists
- Electrical engineers
- Nuclear engineers
- Electrical and Electronic technicians
- Meter readers, utilities
- Office Staff
- Construction and extraction occupations
- Electricians – Wiring, Housing, Industrial, Tower
- Pipe layers, plumbers, pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Staff
- Supervisors, Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation and Relay
- Control and Valve Installers and Repairers
- Industrial machinery installation, Repair, and Maintenance workers
- Electrical power-line Installers and Repairers
- Production occupations
- Manager, Supervisors of production and operating workers
- Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers
- Gas plant operators